Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Gift Card Envelope Box Tutorial

At the weekend I took part in the second month of the Stampin' Creative Blog Hop, where I showcased a Card based on a Sketch Challenge and a coordinating Box. This set produced a lot of interest and a lot of requests for how I assembled the little box using the Gift Card Envelope and Trim Thinlits Die. 

Today I decided to recreate the Box, using the Birthday Bash Speciality Designer Series Paper, to coordinate with a class that I'm hosting later this week, so that I may share with you, the instructions on how to make it. 

We were shown at Convention in Brussels last November how to make this and I loved it's simplicity and the versatility of such a Thinlit set.




Firstly you need to take a piece of Cardstock measuring 6 3/4" x 7 7/8" and score it on all four sides at 2"


You will then need to snip to the first score line once at each corner, before cutting each corner off diagonally and folding on all scored lines.

Apply adhesive to the triangular corner tabs and use them to pull the box base together. 




Die cut one Gift Card Envelope out of a 6" x 6" square of Designer Series Paper. You will need to sit the Die on a diagonal for it to fit. Fold on all scored lines before using this as the lid to the box. You can then either simply tie the lid in place using Ribbon or adhere the back flap to the box base to create a hinged lid and tie with ribbon. Embellish as you choose. 

I chose to use some FREE Sale-a-Bration Ribbon and the Calypso Coral Pompom Trim with the Sentiment from the Balloon Bash Stamp Set.

It's much more vibrant that what I made at the weekend, but its lovely to see how different something can look when you simply change the colours and embellishments used.

I hope you will find this mini tutorial useful and understandable.

Happy Crafting

Mikaela x



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment